[yocto] Fwd: [DNF YOCTO clarifications] smart was replaced with dnf in Yocto 2.3

Zoran Stojsavljevic zoran.stojsavljevic at gmail.com
Thu Aug 24 00:33:07 PDT 2017

Hello Jussi,

I would like to thank you very much for the useful reply. It was a bit
different with me, but most boiled down as you said/explained (the
difference are in client/server IP addresses, but everything else is almost
the same - I guess, I do not have complete set of .rpms on my server side).

I issued the following comand on client (qemux86-64): dnf list all | wc -l,
and got the following response:
*Repository 'oe-packages' is missing name in configuration, using id.*
Last metadata expiration check: 0:42:56 ago on Thu Aug 24 06:13:31 2017 UTC
*7909*

Regarding the command's answer, I have two questions to ask: one easy, and
one tough. ;-)

Easy one. What is the reason for this message: *Repository 'oe-packages' is
missing name in configuration, using id*???

Tough one: 7909 packages overall on server. Could you (YOCTO maintainers),
please, keep DNF (for .rpm packages) onwards indefinitely in YOCTO, and
make/create master YOCTO download servers, the same what Fedora distro does
for almost two decades (with YUM, prior DNF)?

The positive answer on the second question will make (for many thousand
people using .rpms in YOCTO) life much easier, won't it?!

Thank you,
Zoran Stojsavljevic