[yocto] Fwd: [DNF YOCTO clarifications] smart was replaced with dnf in Yocto 2.3

Jussi Kukkonen jussi.kukkonen at intel.com
Wed Aug 23 05:39:55 PDT 2017

On 23 August 2017 at 14:51, Zoran Stojsavljevic <
zoran.stojsavljevic at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello Jussi,
>
> Let me start giving you all the hints. So you can see where I lead. You
> made few mistakes, so DNF won't work as such/is (by default) in Pyro 2.3.1.
>
> I investigated a bit (I already wrote that I am quite familiar with DNF
> and its concepts).
>
> For the starters: Your DNF repo on Pyro 2.3.1 is in the following
> directory (I built full SATO image for target qemux86-64), transcript from
> my bare metal F26 follows:
>
> [user at localhost poky]$ cd build/tmp/deploy/rpm
> [user at localhost rpm]$ ls -al
> total 564
> drwxr-xr-x. 5 user user   4096 Aug 22 13:33 .
> drwxr-xr-x. 5 user user   4096 Aug 22 13:28 ..
> drwxr-xr-x. 2 user user 462848 Aug 22 13:32 core2_64
> drwxr-xr-x. 2 user user  16384 Aug 22 13:32 noarch
> drwxr-xr-x. 2 user user  81920 Aug 22 13:32 qemux86_64
> [user at localhost rpm]$ cd noarch
> [user at localhost noarch]$ ls -al | wc -l
> 189
> [user at localhost noarch]$ ls -al *.xml
> ls: cannot access '*.xml': No such file or directory
> [user at localhost noarch]$
>
> As we see here, there are three .rpm repos on the server (let say, I am
> starting client qemux86-64). If you do the same, and built it for sato (or
> minimal, does not matter), you'll have the same. None of these .rpm repos
> have file which MUST be present there: repomd.xml???
>
> Where is this file? How to generate it, for/per each local server repo,
> one instance of repomd.xml???

repomd.xml is created into TMPDIR/deploy/rpm/repodata/ when you run
"bitbake package-index" as the documentation suggested.

I don't have Pyro but I've just tried this on master and it seems to work
fine (the docs might need updating on the baseurl format though).

** On the server:
~/src/poky/build/tmp/deploy/rpm$ python -m SimpleHTTPServer
Serving HTTP on 0.0.0.0 port 8000 ...

** On target qemu:
root at qemux86-64:~# cat /etc/yum.repos.d/oe-packages.repo
[oe-packages]
baseurl=http://192.168.7.3:8000/
root at qemux86-64:~# dnf makecache
Repository 'oe-packages' is missing name in configuration, using id.
Last metadata expiration check: 0:06:49 ago on Wed Aug 23 12:23:22 2017.
Metadata cache created.
root at qemux86-64:~# dnf --nogpgcheck install libinput-bin
Repository 'oe-packages' is missing name in configuration, using id.
Last metadata expiration check: 0:10:09 ago on Wed Aug 23 12:23:22 2017.
Dependencies resolved.
============================================================================================================================================
 Package                            Arch                           Version
                         Repository                         Size
============================================================================================================================================
Installing:
 libinput-bin                       core2_64                       1.8.1-r0
                        oe-packages                        12 k

Transaction Summary
============================================================================================================================================
Install  1 Package

Total download size: 12 k
Installed size: 19 k
Is this ok [y/N]: y
Downloading Packages:
libinput-bin-1.8.1-r0.core2_64.rpm
                                 323 kB/s |  12 kB     00:00
Total
                                134 kB/s |  12 kB     00:00
Running transaction check
Transaction check succeeded.
Running transaction test
Transaction test succeeded.
Running transaction
  Preparing        :
                                                             1/1
  Installing       : libinput-bin-1.8.1-r0.core2_64
                                                            1/1
  Verifying        : libinput-bin-1.8.1-r0.core2_64
                                                            1/1

Installed:
  libinput-bin.core2_64 1.8.1-r0

Complete!