[yocto] Fwd: [DNF YOCTO clarifications] smart was replaced with dnf in Yocto 2.3

Zoran Stojsavljevic zoran.stojsavljevic at gmail.com
Wed Aug 23 04:51:29 PDT 2017

Hello Jussi,

Let me start giving you all the hints. So you can see where I lead. You
made few mistakes, so DNF won't work as such/is (by default) in Pyro 2.3.1.

I investigated a bit (I already wrote that I am quite familiar with DNF and
its concepts).

For the starters: Your DNF repo on Pyro 2.3.1 is in the following directory
(I built full SATO image for target qemux86-64), transcript from my bare
metal F26 follows:

[user at localhost poky]$ cd build/tmp/deploy/rpm
[user at localhost rpm]$ ls -al
total 564
drwxr-xr-x. 5 user user   4096 Aug 22 13:33 .
drwxr-xr-x. 5 user user   4096 Aug 22 13:28 ..
drwxr-xr-x. 2 user user 462848 Aug 22 13:32 core2_64
drwxr-xr-x. 2 user user  16384 Aug 22 13:32 noarch
drwxr-xr-x. 2 user user  81920 Aug 22 13:32 qemux86_64
[user at localhost rpm]$ cd noarch
[user at localhost noarch]$ ls -al | wc -l
189
[user at localhost noarch]$ ls -al *.xml
ls: cannot access '*.xml': No such file or directory
[user at localhost noarch]$

As we see here, there are three .rpm repos on the server (let say, I am
starting client qemux86-64). If you do the same, and built it for sato (or
minimal, does not matter), you'll have the same. None of these .rpm repos
have file which MUST be present there: repomd.xml???

Where is this file? How to generate it, for/per each local server repo, one
instance of repomd.xml???

I think, I am actually helping you to understand the issues with Pyro 2.3.1
and DNF. ;-)

Thank you,
Zoran Stojsavljevic