[yocto] Fwd: [DNF YOCTO clarifications] smart was replaced with dnf in Yocto 2.3

Jussi Kukkonen jussi.kukkonen at intel.com
Wed Aug 23 00:42:15 PDT 2017

On 23 August 2017 at 09:56, Zoran Stojsavljevic <
zoran.stojsavljevic at gmail.com> wrote:

> Privet Aleks,
>
> Nezacem zlitsja/serditsja. Ja prosto ne znal cto u vas takaja politika.
>
> All Cool. Did not know that this is the policy, to have real names on
> YOCTO list. I removed nobody from it, and added my real name and real @. I
> removed user nobody from the YOCTO @ list.
>
> The/Your answer is too general. I somehow well know DNF service, but in
> FEDORA light. For fedora I do know what I need to do, and where/what are
> the options and which plug-ins to use/add, and ho to remove, upgrade, and
> configure.
>
> I tried all of this in the lieu of the following pointers:
> https://docs.fedoraproject.org/en-US...ositories.html
> <https://docs.fedoraproject.org/en-US/Fedora/26/html/System_Administrators_Guide/sec-Configuring_DNF_and_DNF_Repositories.html>
> https://docs.fedoraproject.org/en-US...y_Options.html
> <https://docs.fedoraproject.org/en-US/Fedora/26/html/System_Administrators_Guide/sec-Setting_repository_Options.html>
>
> And made on my target (which is connected with my server with simplistic
> Apache (it is one machine, which carries F26 on bare metal INTEL CORE) on
> server, client runs as qemux86_64 YOCTO emulator).

The answer is generic because the question is quite generic.

Some things you could mention to make it easier for someone to help you:
* explain the steps you took to setup (maybe copy-paste your repo file from
the target), mention what "dnf makecache" says
* mention whether you've verified that manually downloading a rpm from your
server works on image
* most importantly explain what exactly fails and how.

Thanks,
 Jussi