[yocto] uninative support on non-x86 platforms

Burton, Ross ross.burton at intel.com
Mon Jun 27 07:29:15 PDT 2016

On 23 June 2016 at 17:18, Patrick Williams <patrick at stwcx.xyz> wrote:

> Thanks. We will give it a try.  I suspected there might be more to it than
> that
> based on this line:
>
> UNINATIVE_LOADER ?=
> "${STAGING_DIR}-uninative/${BUILD_ARCH}-linux/lib/${@bb.utils.contains('BUILD_ARCH',
> 'x86_64', 'ld-linux-x86-64.so.2', 'ld-linux.so.2', d)}"
>

> Which tag should we use to build this for publication?
>
> I was discussing with two of my colleagues and they mentioned that there
> is a free-for-opensource path to get a ppc64le virtual machine:
>     http://osuosl.org/services/powerdev/request_hosting
> Would it be useful for us to set this up to build the uninative
> tarballs?  I don't know what the process is for updating them for the
> x86 builds.
>
> It seems that the current autobuild runs on an x86 machine as well.
> Would there be any interest in a ppc64le slave?

For your own use, build a uninative-tarball using whatever commit of OE
you're using currently.

If it actually works and there's sufficient demand then it won't be
difficult to build it and add it to the poky configuration, but the main
requirement for that is that there is someone willing to fix any problems
that appear.

Ross