[yocto] uninative support on non-x86 platforms

Patrick Williams patrick at stwcx.xyz
Thu Jun 23 09:18:06 PDT 2016

On Wed, Jun 22, 2016 at 09:02:46PM +0100, Burton, Ross wrote:
> On 22 June 2016 at 21:00, Burton, Ross <ross.burton at intel.com> wrote:
>
> The best solution here would be to build your own uninative tarball for
> ppc64le and verify it works, then we could add that to the yocto downloads
> so it works out of the box.
>
> Ross
Ross,

Thanks. We will give it a try.  I suspected there might be more to it than that
based on this line:

UNINATIVE_LOADER ?= "${STAGING_DIR}-uninative/${BUILD_ARCH}-linux/lib/${@bb.utils.contains('BUILD_ARCH', 'x86_64', 'ld-linux-x86-64.so.2', 'ld-linux.so.2', d)}"

Which tag should we use to build this for publication?

I was discussing with two of my colleagues and they mentioned that there
is a free-for-opensource path to get a ppc64le virtual machine:
    http://osuosl.org/services/powerdev/request_hosting
Would it be useful for us to set this up to build the uninative
tarballs?  I don't know what the process is for updating them for the
x86 builds.

It seems that the current autobuild runs on an x86 machine as well.
Would there be any interest in a ppc64le slave?
--
Patrick Williams