[yocto] calibrator fails to run

Khem Raj raj.khem at gmail.com
Wed Jun 22 10:17:30 PDT 2016

> On May 31, 2016, at 9:24 AM, Fred Ollinger <Fred.Ollinger at seescan.com> wrote:
>
> Goal: Run a cross compiled executable called calibrator from git://git.ti.com/wilink8-wlan/18xx-ti-utils.git
>
> Here's my build script:
>
> export NFSROOT=/srv/imx/CS65X-dev
>
> export CROSS_COMPILE=/opt/prickle/1.7.2/sysroots/x86_64-pricklesdk-linux/usr/bin/arm-prickle-linux-gnueabi/arm-prickle-lin    ux-gnueabi-
>
> export NLVER=3
>
> export CFLAGS="-mfloat-abi=hard -I/opt/prickle/1.7.2/sysroots/cortexa9hf-vfp-neon-prickle-linux-gnueabi/usr/include/libnl3    "
>
> make
>
> sudo make install NFSROOT=/srv/imx/CS65X-dev

You have two options.

1. Write a recipe for this package and let OE build it and you can add it to your image with IMAGE_INSTALL if you want it in final image. For OE recipe you can follow devtool workflow to add new recipe or you can manually do it by copying a similar looking recipe and making needed changes.

2. if you dont want to work with OE immediately then you can generate SDK with bitbake -cpopulate_sdk <your image>
install the resulting SDK using the self installer ( .sh file) and then using the SDK, ensure that you use CC, CXX and its ilk
as it is after sourcing the environment.

> This will build the library and install it onto my system.
>
> However, when I run it, I get:
>
> root at yocto:~# /usr/bin/calibrator
> -sh: /usr/bin/calibrator: No such file or directory

you might need to do chmod +x for this file. Secondly it might be using wrong ABI  ( hard-float or not ) ensure that
the ABIs of the system and your app are same.

> But the file does exist, and it even looks like the proper type of executable:
>
> root at yocto:~# file /usr/bin/calibrator
>
> /usr/bin/calibrator: ELF 32-bit LSB executable, ARM, EABI5 version 1 (SYSV), dynamically linked (uses shared libs), for GNU/Li
> nux 2.6.32, BuildID[sha1]=96e4d113a9e1a0e90fd60d8d0a59e19323457b5d, stripped
>
> Here's my hardware info:
>
> root at yocto:~# cat /proc/cpuinfo
> processor       : 0
> model name      : ARMv7 Processor rev 10 (v7l)
> BogoMIPS        : 1988.29
> Features        : swp half thumb fastmult vfp edsp neon vfpv3 tls
> CPU implementer : 0x41
> CPU architecture: 7
> CPU variant     : 0x2
> CPU part        : 0xc09
> CPU revision    : 10
>
> Hardware        : Freescale i.MX6 Quad/DualLite (Device Tree)
> Revision        : 0000
> Serial          : 0000000000000000
>
> Any ideas on where to start?

readelf -A <your app>