[yocto] [meta-raspberrypi] PL2303 instability on RPi 3 but not on RPi 2

Martin Bergek martin at spotwise.com
Mon Jun 13 14:24:08 PDT 2016

Hi,

I am testing an image on a system including a PL2303 (USB to serial bridge) and have noticed an issue on the Raspberry Pi 3. The system will run fine for an hour or two but then the kernel logs the following error:

	pl2303 ttyUSB0: usb_serial_generic_read_bulk_callback - urb stopped: -32

After this there is no more data coming from the USB device and I have to either reboot or disconnect/connect the USB device - neither of which is acceptable in my application.

This is on kernel 4.4.9 and it happens only on the Raspberry Pi 3. On Raspberry Pi 2 the exact same firmware runs flawlessly.

Has anyone else come across this or have some suggestions on how to solve it? Or how to pinpoint the cause?

Thanks,
Martin Bergek