[yocto] resolvconf nameserver

Rajasekaran, Monica Monica.Rajasekaran at us.fujitsu.com
Mon Jun 13 14:47:01 PDT 2016

Hi,

How do I add a dns nameserver ? I am able to ping 8.8.8.8 but not google.com
I thought it would be the usual method as in other linux versions such as Ubuntu. But there is no /etc/resolv.conf file.

I tried including "resolvconf" to my image. But that only created a directory called "resolv.conf.d" under /etc. The directory has two files called "base" and "head" which don't provide much information.

Still trying to find where I could add a nameserver to resolve hostnames ? or there is no other way and I should just add them into /etc/hosts?

Thanks,
Monica