[yocto] ERROR: busybox-udhcpd not found in the base feeds

Martin Townsend mtownsend1973 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 11 09:57:59 PST 2016

Hi,

I've just moved over to using systemd on a project but am seeing the error
listed in the subject.
I added the following to local.conf as there is no distribution config file.

VIRTUAL-RUNTIME_init_manager = "systemd"
DISTRO_FEATURES_append = " systemd"
# Prevent the SysVinit distribution feature from being automatically enabled
# Breaks busybox-udhcpd for some reason.
DISTRO_FEATURES_BACKFILL_CONSIDERED = "sysvinit"

My understanding is that the last line will stop init scripts being
installed if the recipe has systemd support.  Adding
VIRTUAL-RUNTIME_initscripts = "" would completely disable init scripts I
think so I didn't put this in.  So the above should use systemd where
appropriate otherwise use sysV init scripts.

I then blew away all sstate, cache and tmp directories and rebuilt and get
the error.  If I comment out the last line the error goes away but I get
all the sys V init scripts.  I checked the recipe and it inherits systemd
and update-rc.d and I think the problem may be that busybox builds syslog
with a systemd service but all the remaining components use init scripts as
far as I can see, including udhcpd.  I looked in packages-split and
busybox-udhcpd is empty.

Any help appreciated,
Martin.