[yocto] ERROR: busybox-udhcpd not found in the base feeds

Martin Townsend mtownsend1973 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 11 13:30:28 PST 2016

Hi,

I think I understand what has happened.
It's just occured to me that the udhcpd code is probably part of busybox by
default and is in the busybox package, so I checked the defconfig and
CONFIG_UDHCPD is set to y.   I'm assuming that the busybox-udhcpd package
contains just the init script which of course doesn't get installed as
DISTRO_FEATURES_BACKFILL_CONSIDERED = "sysvinit" has been set which means I
have an empty package which then results in the not found in base feeds
error.
Does this sound right??

I can remove busybox-udhcpd from the image but it does seem wrong to remove
this from the image when in fact all I'm removing is in the initscript.

Maybe something like
IMAGE_REMOVE += "
${@bb.utils.contains('DISTRO_FEATURES','systemd','busybox-udhcpd','',d)}"
in busybox recipe, if there is such a thing to stop people like me hitting
this problem again

One question that springs to mind is that if udhcpd is part of busybox by
default how do you override this with another DHCP server? Which is
something I may have to look into.

Many Thanks,
Martin.