[yocto] Need some info regarding parsing all recipe files

Bhanagay, Sagar sagar.bhanagay at hpe.com
Thu Feb 11 09:42:19 PST 2016

Hello,

I'm Sagar & I work for the HPE Openswitch project.
I'm new to Yocto & do forgive my naivety.

We use Yocto for building our NOS images & I plan to do the following -
I want to go through all the recipe files & print out one field (say SRCREV) from them (if it exists) to a file.
I also want this file to be packaged in the image (at say - /etc/srcrev.txt).
I can do that by writing a Python script, but I was exploring if there's any native way that Yocto supports to do that.

I don't want to change any recipe file to include any "config_prepend" clause or so.
Is there some way (maybe tweaking the base class?) in which I can achieve this?

If I were to write a custom Python script, how do I trigger it during make?

Thanks
~Sagar