[yocto] eSDK errors and sstate signature issues

Paul Eggleton paul.eggleton at linux.intel.com
Mon Aug 22 09:47:55 PDT 2016

Hi Manju,

Sorry for the delayed reply.

On Mon, 15 Aug 2016 17:43:23 Manjukumar Harthikote Matha wrote:
> I am trying to build Yocto eSDK with OE_core and meta-xilinx layers.
>
> Having issues while extracting the eSDK, it warns quite a bit on
> signature mismatch. Can this happen due to the fact that I am using
> external tool chain??
>
> And eventually bails stating
> ERROR: Unexpected tasks or setscene left over to be executed:
>
> meta-xilinx/recipes-kernel/linux/linux-xlnx_4.6.bb, do_fetch
> meta-xilinx/recipes-kernel/linux/linux-xlnx_4.6.bb, do_unpack
> meta-xilinx/recipes-kernel/linux/linux-xlnx_4.6.bb, do_kernel_configme
>
> How do I go about investigating why set scene was corrupted or not
> executed correctly while building kernel?

So it looks like linux-xlnx is attempting to build for some reason and yet we
don't expect it to be because it's locked. It may or may not be related to the
use of an external toolchain - I'm not sure because it's not a scenario I have
tested.

Are the layers / toolchain you are using downloadable, i.e. could I reproduce
the issue here?

Cheers,
Paul

--