[yocto] eSDK errors and sstate signature issues

Manjukumar Harthikote Matha manjukumar.harthikote-matha at xilinx.com
Tue Aug 23 11:59:55 PDT 2016

Hi Paul.

On 08/22/2016 09:47 AM, Paul Eggleton wrote:
> Hi Manju,
>
> Sorry for the delayed reply.

No worries.
> On Mon, 15 Aug 2016 17:43:23 Manjukumar Harthikote Matha wrote:
>> I am trying to build Yocto eSDK with OE_core and meta-xilinx layers.
>>
>> Having issues while extracting the eSDK, it warns quite a bit on
>> signature mismatch. Can this happen due to the fact that I am using
>> external tool chain??
>>
>> And eventually bails stating
>> ERROR: Unexpected tasks or setscene left over to be executed:
>>
>> meta-xilinx/recipes-kernel/linux/linux-xlnx_4.6.bb, do_fetch
>> meta-xilinx/recipes-kernel/linux/linux-xlnx_4.6.bb, do_unpack
>> meta-xilinx/recipes-kernel/linux/linux-xlnx_4.6.bb, do_kernel_configme
>>
>> How do I go about investigating why set scene was corrupted or not
>> executed correctly while building kernel?
>
> So it looks like linux-xlnx is attempting to build for some reason and yet we
> don't expect it to be because it's locked. It may or may not be related to the
> use of an external toolchain - I'm not sure because it's not a scenario I have
> tested.

Thanks YP masters for having bitbake-diffsig. This enabled us to
identify the distro settings that were incorrect, specially on
UNINATIVE. After we corrected our distro(meta-petalinux) to use this
concept, the error disappeared.

We also had to remove some INITRAMFS and IMAGEFSTYPES from the machine
as well. We are working on krogoth branch, but I did notice a patch on
master to correct this in populate_sdk_ext.

We are able to build and test SDK using external toolchain now and its
super cool :)

Is there a way to make tasks for a recipe ARCH specific instead of
MACHINE ARCH? For ex: Kernel is packaged as machine specific, however if
you do_fetch (and maybe do_patch) could use ARCH specific, then multiple
machines belonging to the same ARCH can use it from sstate, instead of
downloading it again.

> Are the layers / toolchain you are using downloadable, i.e. could I reproduce
> the issue here?

Layers and toolchain are available but not for the dev branch which we
are working on. It is going through legal-sweep, hence I am unable to
share it :(

Thanks
Manju