[yocto] [meta-raspberry] Raspberry Pi 3

Michael Dumont michael.d.dumont at gmail.com
Fri Apr 1 21:56:52 PDT 2016

Trevor,

I know with the Pi3 they swapped ttyAMA0 to support Bluetooth.

They put ttyS0 on the 40-pin header, but the clock used for the baud rate
generation on ttyS0 is tied to the core frequency, and it can cause
fluctuations when the core frequency scales up and down.

I believe the official fix is to set core_freq=250 so that the core clock
is always at it's lowest value and never needs to change.  There's also a
dtoverlay that swaps the two UARTs back so you can get the stable UART on
the 40-pin header.

Not clear to me that this is your exact problem, but it might be worth a
quick test?

Some notes here:
https://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=107&t=138223

Hope this helps,