[yocto] [meta-raspberry] Raspberry Pi 3

Tom Doehring toolmmy at gmail.com
Sat Apr 2 07:49:44 PDT 2016

Trevor Woerner <twoerner at ...> writes:

> On Fri 2016-04-01  <at>  03:55:31 PM, Khem Raj wrote:

> > > [...]
Nothing else

> > > I get the same results with no local.conf tweaks and building the
> > > rpi-basic-image.
> > >
> > > Does anyone have a run-tested, OE-built, raspi3 image with working
console?

> > can you select 4.1 for kernel and try with master, Andre has merged all
my changes
> > today
>
> Yes, that's one of the options I have already tried; it boots but the console
> is still garbled.
>
> The 4.1 kernel is the default in Andrei's layer. Using the 4.4 kernel from
> your layer I can't get past the 4 raspberries.

Hi everyone,

this is nothing that depends on the kernel itself. There was a major change
in the /dev/ttyAMA0 in order to make use of the bluetooth module. There is
an overlay that allows using the console and the bluetooth module on
parallel (pi3-miniuart-bt) with a lower baudrate while useing hciattach. If
you don't want to use the bluetooth module you can switch back to the
console by using the pi3-disalble-bt overlay.

See also: https://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=138120&p=926637