[yocto] SDK

Bryan Evenson bevenson at melinkcorp.com
Mon Nov 16 10:25:25 PST 2015

Martin,

You need to make sure your image includes the features for debugging.  If you have an image that is based upon core-image-minimal, the image will be missing some features and you'll never be able to debug an application through Eclipse or use Lttng.

I'd suggest making a development image recipe (i.e. "my-custom-image-dev.bb") based on your image with the following changes:
1. Add "dev-pkgs eclipse-debug" to IMAGE_FEATURES
2. Add a "-dbg" package to IMAGE_INSTALL for each userspace application you are writing which you plan to debug with GDB.
3. Add "gdbserver" to IMAGE_INSTALL for GDB support.
4. Add "lttng-tools lttng-modules lttng-ust" to IMAGE_INSTALL for Lttng support.

Once you've built and verified the new image runs on your hardware, I'd then create the SDK as you described above.  I don't use QEMU so I can't speak to whether that gets included in the SDK or not.  But, if you have a developer that isn't responsible for building the whole image and just wants to build and debug their userspace application, the SDK and resulting sysroot should be all the pieces they need on their development machine.

Regards,
Bryan