[yocto] SDK

Martin Townsend mtownsend1973 at gmail.com
Sat Nov 14 06:27:01 PST 2015

Hi,

I want to provide an SDK to the app developers that is a self contained
installation.  The ADT looked like just the thing except I don't want to
have to setup an ADT Repo.  I would like it to include:

The cross development toolchain.
The target sysroot to build against.  I would like them to be able to
dynamically link and statically link against everything in the Image.
They may want to develop kernel modules so I would want the kernel header
files etc in the target sysroot.
The Eclipse IDE Yocto plug-in or another way of using Eclipse to build and
debug for the target.
I Would also like to use things like the LTTNG and Valgrind integration in
Eclipse.
QEMU would be a nice to have and with integration into Eclipse.

I have my own distro and image files which aren't a million miles away from
poky and core-image-minimal :)

>From what I've read I think the best thing for me to do is
bitbake my-image -cpopulate_sdk
which gives my an installer for the toolchain, target sysroot and qemu (I
think).
Then get them to install the Eclipse plugin by following the instructions
from
http://www.yoctoproject.org/docs/1.8/dev-manual/dev-manual.html#adt-eclipse

Just want to check I'm on the right path and there's not another better way.

Many Thanks,
Martin.