[yocto] Google Chrome recipe and systemd => how to satisfy runtime requirement for libudev.so.0?

Timo Pulkkinen timo.j.pulkkinen at gmail.com
Tue Jan 27 11:19:01 PST 2015

> On 27.1.2015, at 14.32, Burton, Ross <ross.burton at intel.com> wrote:
>

>> On 27 January 2015 at 11:46, Timo Pulkkinen <timo.j.pulkkinen at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> error: Can't install google-chrome-40.0.2214.91+1-r0 at x86_64: no package provides libudev.so.0()(64bit)
>
> My guess is that you didn't wipe away your tmp when changing DISTRO_FEATURES, which leads to the sysroot and package deploy directories having both udev and systemd in.
>
> Try deleting your tmp/ directory (sstate-cache will be used to rebuild everything quickly) and then cleaning Chrome (bitbake -ccleansstate google-chrome) before building the image again.

Hello,

tried this (I wasn't sure if I had done -ccleanstate for google-chrome before together after removing the tmp), but it doesn't help. Sysroot correctly contains /lib/libudev.so.1 (libudev.so.1.6.0, systemd).
tmp/deploy/rpm/ contains udev rpms also - is this a problem, or do they just get built before systemd preference takes over?

I looked more closely on my google-chrome recipe build (bitbake -v) and it warns about missing library already on (i think) qa task:
NOTE: Couldn't find shared library provider for libudev.so.0, used by files: /.../poky/nuc/tmp/work/x86_64-poky-linux/google-chrome/40.0.2214.91-1-r0/packages-split/google-chrome/opt/google/chrome/chrome

Is there really a provider for libudev.so.0 when using systemd?

Timo