[yocto] Google Chrome recipe and systemd => how to satisfy runtime requirement for libudev.so.0?

Burton, Ross ross.burton at intel.com
Tue Jan 27 11:49:29 PST 2015

On 27 January 2015 at 19:19, Timo Pulkkinen <timo.j.pulkkinen at gmail.com>
wrote:

> tried this (I wasn't sure if I had done -ccleanstate for google-chrome
> before together after removing the tmp), but it doesn't help. Sysroot
> correctly contains /lib/libudev.so.1 (libudev.so.1.6.0, systemd).
> tmp/deploy/rpm/ contains udev rpms also - is this a problem, or do they
> just get built before systemd preference takes over?
>
> I looked more closely on my google-chrome recipe build (bitbake -v) and it
> warns about missing library already on (i think) qa task:
> NOTE: Couldn't find shared library provider for libudev.so.0, used by
> files:
> /.../poky/nuc/tmp/work/x86_64-poky-linux/google-chrome/40.0.2214.91-1-r0/packages-split/google-chrome/opt/google/chrome/chrome
>
> Is there really a provider for libudev.so.0 when using systemd?

There really isn't - systemd has a newer udev that had an ABI change, so
the version was increased.

There's no way that your tmp/deploy/rpms can contain both systemd and udev
packages (specifically, libudev1 and libudev0) unless you don't delete it
when enabling the systemd DISTRO_FEATURE.  The systemd and udev packages
conflict with each other and they both can't be built at the same time.

A copy of the cooker log for the image would be useful after you've deleted
tmp and -ccleansstate's google-chrome if you are certain that this is what
has happened.

Ross