[yocto] Google Chrome recipe and systemd => how to satisfy runtime requirement for libudev.so.0?

Burton, Ross ross.burton at intel.com
Tue Jan 27 04:32:30 PST 2015

On 27 January 2015 at 11:46, Timo Pulkkinen <timo.j.pulkkinen at gmail.com>
wrote:

> i'm trying to create a recipe for Google Chrome for my first Yocto project
> for Intel NUC (based on the Chrome rpm package). The recipe seems to build
> ok, and I was able to
> build a working system using sysvinit, but when I enabled systemd the
> image build stops during do_rootfs when requirement for libudev.so.0 is not
> satisfied.
>
> error: Can't install google-chrome-40.0.2214.91+1-r0 at x86_64: no package
> provides libudev.so.0()(64bit)

My guess is that you didn't wipe away your tmp when changing
DISTRO_FEATURES, which leads to the sysroot and package deploy directories
having both udev and systemd in.

Try deleting your tmp/ directory (sstate-cache will be used to rebuild
everything quickly) and then cleaning Chrome (bitbake -ccleansstate
google-chrome) before building the image again.

Ross