[yocto] [BBB] RTL8188EE not mounting

Cameron B Skinner brent.skinner at kodakalaris.com
Tue Jan 13 09:00:11 PST 2015

Let me start by apologizing if the outcome is very obvious to everyone but me. I'm VERY new to Linux and newer to Yocto.

I have an RTL8188EE wifi board that I'm connecting to a Beaglebone Black via USB. If I do an 'lsusb' I can see that there is a Realtek device out there somewhere. Even though the driver for this exact device appears in the kernel drivers, the device doesn't mount. I'm running the dizzy version and have tried building the Sato, Full Command Line and Basic versions hoping that one of them would include whatever it is that I need to recognize this device.

For the non-Sato versions I did copy the uImage and Modules to the SD card thinking they might help.

Any help would be great.

TIA

Brent Skinner | Firmware Supervisor | Document Imaging |
2400 Mt Read Blvd | Rochester, NY, 14615-3029 | brent.skinner at kodakalaris.com |
585 726-0097 Office | www.kodakalaris.com
[cid:image001.png at 01D02F28.04412580]