[yocto] Minutes: Yocto Project Technical Team Meeting - Tuesday, Jan. 13, 2015 8:00 AM US Pacific Time

Jolley, Stephen K stephen.k.jolley at intel.com
Tue Jan 13 08:29:33 PST 2015

Attendees: Armin, Joe, Stephen, Tom, Sona, Cristian, Richard, Bruce, Denys, Ross, Paul, Saul, Mark, Alex, Michael,

* Opens collection - 5 min (Stephen)

* Yocto Project status - 5 min (Stephen/team)

https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_Project_v1.8_Status

https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_1.8_Schedule

https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_1.8_Features

YP 1.7.1 - out of QA and looks good.  Should be release later this week.

YP 1.8 M2 cut off was this evening, but due to the Kernel Build process changes; we will push this cutoff date out one week. This might also allow us to get the memory resident Bitbake in for M2.

* SWAT team rotation: Saul -> Ross

https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_Build_Failure_Swat_Team

We should look at adding Randy, Alejandro, & Anibal

We should update the documentation. - Saul will review the documentation and drive updates.

* Opens - 10 min

RP - We made changes in kernel build process to make it more efficient. We have found some issues with this change.

RP - Memory Resident Bitbake - This allows us to improve and make more efficient the work we are doing during Bitbake.

* Team Sharing - 10 min

Michael - We have moved our downloads to another location.  If anyone is seeing slow downloads, let Michael know so he can collect stats about it.

Thanks,

Stephen K. Jolley
Yocto Project Program Manager
INTEL, MS JF1-255, 2111 N.E. 25th Avenue, Hillsboro, OR 97124
*   Work Telephone:          (503) 712-0534
*    Cell:                                (208) 244-4460
* Email:                             stephen.k.jolley at intel.com