[yocto] Need help for custom recipe

Burton, Ross ross.burton at intel.com
Mon Feb 2 09:14:55 PST 2015

On 2 February 2015 at 16:54, Paul Eggleton <paul.eggleton at linux.intel.com>
wrote:

> I'd have to say this is something we don't support. If you want to do this
> you
> would need to disable the current packaging tasks and stage the package
> files
> yourself, but that's going to take almost as much work as converting over
> your
> postinstall scripts to be specified within the recipe. You would also lose
> all
> of the package QA checks that we currently run.

If you *really* want to do this then you'll probably need a custom
do_package to put the RPMs you've generated in the place that bitbake
expects them, or maybe a custom do_deploy.  At this point you're subverting
the system so you'll have to look at the default tasks to work out how they
operate and how to replace them.

Ross