[yocto] Need help for custom recipe

Paul Eggleton paul.eggleton at linux.intel.com
Mon Feb 2 08:54:01 PST 2015

On Monday 02 February 2015 16:46:37 Bipnesh, Abhinav wrote:
> Paul Eggleton wrote:
> > On Monday 02 February 2015 14:04:49 Bipnesh, Abhinav wrote:
> > > I am trying to write an custom recipe for one of the application. In the
> > > do_install() I am using an external script for creating rpm of the
> > > application.
> >
> > My first question is why do you need to create the RPMs in a custom manner
> > like this? By doing so you are bypassing quite a lot of well-tested logic
> > that we have written around packaging.
>
> Actually we do have existing scripts which create RPM's for other platform
> i.e. Linux. We would be cross compile the code and want to use the existing
> scripts for doing it. As the existing RPM spec contain lot of logic for
> post install, upgrade use case etc. So we can use the current
> infrastructure but it will be a re-work for us. So we were thinking to use
> it.

I'd have to say this is something we don't support. If you want to do this you
would need to disable the current packaging tasks and stage the package files
yourself, but that's going to take almost as much work as converting over your
postinstall scripts to be specified within the recipe. You would also lose all
of the package QA checks that we currently run.

Cheers,
Paul

--

Paul Eggleton