[yocto] Custom license in file header

Burton, Ross ross.burton at intel.com
Tue Dec 15 14:11:56 PST 2015

On 15 December 2015 at 21:59, Michael Habibi <mikehabibi at gmail.com> wrote:

> That allows me to properly set LIC_FILES_CHKSUM - but what do I set for
> LICENSE? It's a completely non-standard license. Do I have to copy this
> license somewhere as a common license, despite it only being used for this
> one utility? A bit unclear about these details.

I think you'll need to add it to the layer as a common license, yes.   For
example, meta-intel's layer.conf does:

LICENSE_PATH += "${LAYERDIR}/common/custom-licenses"

And drops a few more license files into meta-intel/common/custom-licenses.

You may be able to set LICENSE_PATH in a recipe if you want to extract the
license and put it alongside the recipe, but I've not tried this.

Ross