[yocto] Custom license in file header

Michael Habibi mikehabibi at gmail.com
Tue Dec 15 13:59:36 PST 2015

I am trying to pull in the stream benchmark utility into my custom layer.
However this appears to have a custom license. It's in the header of
stream.c, but it's also copied here:

https://www.cs.virginia.edu/stream/FTP/Code/LICENSE.txt

For simplicity, I am simply using stream.c and providing beginline/endline
parameters to get the proper section of the C header, e.g.:

LIC_FILES_CHKSUM = "file://stream.c;beginline=13;endline=41"

That allows me to properly set LIC_FILES_CHKSUM - but what do I set for
LICENSE? It's a completely non-standard license. Do I have to copy this
license somewhere as a common license, despite it only being used for this
one utility? A bit unclear about these details.

Thanks
Michael