[yocto] How to move the initramfs manifest into the rootfs?

Travis Pressler travis.pressler at scientiallc.com
Wed Dec 16 07:12:57 PST 2015

It was pretty straightforward to add <recipe>-<machine>.manifest to the image by adding an IMAGE_PREPROCESS_COMMAND like this:

move_manifests() {
   mkdir -p ${IMAGE_ROOTFS}/home/root
   ls -lah ${DEPLOY_DIR_IMAGE} > ${IMAGE_ROOTFS}/home/root/lslog
   install -m 0644 ${DEPLOY_DIR_IMAGE}/${IMAGE_NAME}.rootfs.manifest ${IMAGE_ROOTFS}/home/root
}
The lslog helped me understand what exactly the deploy/images directory looks like during the image preprocess step, and the initramfs manifest isn't in there at that point; the initramfs manifest must be created shortly thereafter (during , because after bitbake's build tasks have been completed, the deploy/images does include the initramfs manifest.

Is it possible to move the core-image-minimal-initramfs-<machine>.manifest into the rootfs of my recipe-generated operating system?