[yocto] Power off IC over Yocto

simo sazzalin at settopsurvey.com
Fri Dec 18 01:36:21 PST 2015

Hi Michael,

First of all thank for your feedback.
I also don't like to modify the kernel this way, also because it's not
portable.

I will look forward to develope a kernel module to do that task.

>> I don't understand your question about machine_halt, but I will
assume you are asking how important the lines of code are between your
usermode helper call and machine_halt. The answer is very. All of those
lines must execute successfully to have clean shutdown.

Yes, I was referring to the execution of

kernel_shutdown_prepare(SYSTEM_HALT);

migrate_to_reboot_cpu();
syscore_shutdown();
kmsg_dump(KMSG_DUMP_HALT);
machine_halt();

Because it's supposed that after sending the I2C command (to power off
the board) before the execution of these function, they will not be
executed.

Thanks again.
Simon