[yocto] How to recreate rootfs image

Lenivyy Viktor Viktor.Lenivyy at author.kiev.ua
Thu Aug 27 01:25:38 PDT 2015

> In your kernel recipe are you using SRC_URI to fetch from a git
> repository (e.g. git:// URI) or from a local directory?

This kernel is fetched from local directory.

> I guess that if you're using a local path, there can be either some
> uncommitted changes, or a stale git index.

No, because kernel built from sources in local directory doesn’t have “-dirty” in version string.

> You can try just for the experiment to add your current kernel sources
> to a test git repo and point the SRC_URI to it, so bitbake can clone
> the repo by git revision (SRCREV = "${AUTOREV}" will skip the need to
> update the recipe revision constantly during development). This should
> work fine, without the "-dirty" version suffix.

I can try this, but it doesn't answer main question:
how can I recreate rootfs image starting from the point after fetching Linux sources, so Yocto’s copy will remain intact?

Regards,
Nikolay