[yocto] FW: How to recreate rootfs image

Nikolay Dimitrov picmaster at mail.bg
Wed Aug 26 13:07:43 PDT 2015

Hi Victor,

On 08/26/2015 08:12 PM, Lenivyy Viktor wrote:
> This command did what I was trying to avoid: remove Yocto's copy of kernel sources. But starting questions still exist.

In your kernel recipe are you using SRC_URI to fetch from a git
repository (e.g. git:// URI) or from a local directory?

I guess that if you're using a local path, there can be either some
uncommitted changes, or a stale git index.

You can try just for the experiment to add your current kernel sources
to a test git repo and point the SRC_URI to it, so bitbake can clone
the repo by git revision (SRCREV = "${AUTOREV}" will skip the need to
update the recipe revision constantly during development). This should
work fine, without the "-dirty" version suffix.

Regards,
Nikolay