[yocto] Building own kernel instead of taking from git

Richard Leitner richard.leitner at skidata.com
Mon Sep 8 02:37:58 PDT 2014

Hi,

On Mon, 8 Sep 2014 09:51:28 +0530
jags gediya <jags.gediya at gmail.com> wrote:

> I want to build my kernel source code in yocto. For that i have
> modified the required linux-imx.inc file.
>
> Inside that i have given kernel source directory in SRC_URI and S variable.
>
> Is this approach fine, or is there any better solution i can get?

I think all you need to know is available in the kernel-dev manual:
https://www.yoctoproject.org/docs/1.6.1/kernel-dev/kernel-dev.html

Generally I would prefer to copy and modify the linux-yocto custom recipe
(linux-yocto-custom.bb) like described in the manual. Furthermore creating &
working in your own layer would be a good idea.

regards,
richard