[yocto] Building own kernel instead of taking from git

Sven Ebenfeld sven.ebenfeld at gmail.com
Sun Sep 7 22:25:01 PDT 2014

Am 08.09.2014 06:21, schrieb jags gediya:
> I want to build my kernel source code in yocto. For that i have
> modified the required linux-imx.inc file.
>
> Inside that i have given kernel source directory in SRC_URI and S variable.
>
> Is this approach fine, or is there any better solution i can get?

I would always create my own layer and add a .bbappend for the
kernel-recipe I want to modify. There you could of course change the
SRC_URI and S variable but you could also provide your changes to
linux-imx.inc as a patch.

Then you could manage your changes to this layer via git. And you don't
lose the opportunity to pull changes from the remote repositories
without destroying your own changes.