[yocto] Kernel features

Ilya Dmitrichenko errordeveloper at gmail.com
Sun Sep 7 01:51:37 PDT 2014

Today I have spent quite a while trying to figure how KERNEL_FEATURES
works and why some of the things I pass in my configuration fragment
are not getting enabled.

It turned out that some of the options no longer existed and some had
been renamed.

The question is really why would this not get detected by
kernel_configcheck or any other step?

I'm guessing this might be the case of how kconfig works, perhaps...
So I wonder whether anyone have looked into how we could actually get
the feature dependency graph from kconfig to bitbake or at least some
sort of helper tool? Perhaps parsing kconfig manifests in Python would
be a starting point...

Ilya