[yocto] [meta-qt5] How to bisect problem?

Neuer User auslands-kv at gmx.de
Tue Oct 21 23:39:08 PDT 2014

Am 21.10.2014 um 18:56 schrieb Martin Jansa:
> qt5 isn't special from this perspective (well maybe except that it takes
> damn long to build it all, so it's always useful to narrow the
> problematic module asap and then rebuild only that one as long as
> dependencies on other modules allow), I would start by using 5.3.0
> and 5.3.1 (because you'll easily find meta-qt5 revisions which will give
> you compatible set of qt5 tarballs).
>
> If you plan to upgrade your images to 5.4.* soon(ish), than testing
> 5.4-alpha (or 5.4-beta from jansa/master branch) is also very useful,
> but I would expect more rough road then just bisecting 5.3.* releases.
>
> Cheers,

Thanks. So, I will do the following:
- first priority is to get the shellshock update ready (that was the
reason why I started the update nightmare at all)
- then I will try 5.3.1 and 5.3.0 to see if the problem is already in there
- I need to do some qt5 work anyway as one of the next steps is to get
the "camera" module working (which doesn't work on my imx6 system)

I will probably be back here then :-)

Cheers

Michael