[yocto] gitsm recursive submodules

Chris Morgan chmorgan at gmail.com
Wed Oct 15 18:22:28 PDT 2014

Hello all.

I posted some time ago about git with submodules and was pointed to
gitsm. I've been using gitsm for sometime but ran into another issue.

It looks like gitsm is not performing a recursive submodule update. I
have a repository that is comprised of submodules, one of those
submodules has a couple of other submodules. Should gitsm be handling
this today?

Starting from a clean build directory I can bitbake until the recipe
fails, then go into the working directory and do a 'git submodule
update --init' I can get the recipe to finish building.

Recommendations on how I should proceed?

Chris