[yocto] Opencv Java binding not building

Bruce, Henry henry.bruce at intel.com
Wed Oct 15 17:30:06 PDT 2014

All,

I'm trying to figure out why opencv 2.4.8 (daisy branch) is not building its Java binding (jar file and matching JNI so). I can see from the do_configure log that the Java tools are not being detected (message is 'Could NOT find JNI') which explains why it is not being built. However if I run 'bitbake opencv -c devshell' and then run cmake manually in the devshell the Java tools are detected and binding is built. I can't see anything in the recipe that would disable Java. Any ideas on why devshell is behaving correctly but image build is not? Note that openjdk-7 is part of the image build and it works.

Thanks,

Henry