[yocto] how to separate packages in downloads folder into those that run on target and those that do not run on target?

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Tue Nov 25 22:58:29 PST 2014

Dear Gangadhar,

In message <CAKxnL=hSs5NNCQY9ZTZi0XWXGJOOn0i_0f-X7k7JksCZZrGo9w at mail.gmail.com> you wrote:

> I want to separate the packages in downloads folder. I want to separate the
> packages into those that run on target and those that do not run on the
> target. The idea is to feed the packages that go into target to fossology

Do you think such a separation is possible at all?  Depending on your
target configuration, packages might go into both - for example, if
you build SDK / toolchain images, then gcc and related tools will be
both in the cross tools and in the target file system.

And why do you need to split the downloads folder for that?  You have
the list of packages that get installed into your target file system -
is this not sufficient?

Best regards,

Wolfgang Denk

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
The complexity of software is an essential property, not an  acciden-
tal  one. Hence, descriptions of a software entity that abstract away
its complexity often abstract away its essence.    - Fred Brooks, Jr.