[yocto] how to separate packages in downloads folder into those that run on target and those that do not run on target?

Gangadhar N gangadhar.ubuntu at gmail.com
Tue Nov 25 22:47:01 PST 2014

Hi All,
I want to separate the packages in downloads folder. I want to separate the
packages into those that run on target and those that do not run on the
target. The idea is to feed the packages that go into target to fossology
tool to get licence of each and every file. I know that the Yocto Project
generates a license manifest during image creation that is located in
${DEPLOY_DIR}/licenses/*image_name-datestamp* to assist with any audits.
But we need to use fossology. Please suggest a method/command and guide me.

Thanks & Regards,
Gangadhar