[yocto] how to separate packages in downloads folder into those that run on target and those that do not run on target?

Gangadhar N gangadhar.ubuntu at gmail.com
Thu Nov 27 07:01:19 PST 2014

Hi Wolfgang Denk,
Thanks for your reply.

1. I want to split the downloads folder so that I'll get a folder that
contains only the packages that go in to rootfs of my target. I want to
feed this folder to fossology SW to generate licences of each and every
file. Please suggest a method. We want to give the source and license list
to our customer.

2. I found this file,
~/yoctobuild/tisdk/build/arago-tmp-external-linaro-toolchain/work/my-machine--oe-linux-gnueabi/my-machine-image/1.0-r0/installed_pkgs.txt

This lists packages but it has lot of packages that do not go into my
target rootfs. What is this file all about?

3. I also found license.manifest & package.manifest in
~/yoctobuild/tisdk/build/arago-tmp-external-linaro-toolchain/deploy/licenses/my-machine-image-my-machine-20141127092456.
Our customer is not ok with this file.

Regards,
Gangadhar