[yocto] Sato image touchscreen calibration is borked

Mike Looijmans mike.looijmans at topic.nl
Thu Nov 13 05:54:59 PST 2014

On 11/13/2014 02:28 PM, Burton, Ross wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On 13 November 2014 13:19, Mike Looijmans <mike.looijmans at topic.nl
> <mailto:mike.looijmans at topic.nl>> wrote:
>
>     I've been using "ts_calibrate" in the past, and that worked just fine on
>     this board.
>

> Modern X servers don't use tslib, so this won't work since we stopped using
> kdrive about two years ago.

Maybe, but it demonstrates that the hardware and drivers are working just fine.

>     DEBUG: Adding click 0 (X=1023, Y=599)
>     DEBUG: Adding click 1 (X=607, Y=599)
>     DEBUG: Not adding click 2 (X=1023, Y=599): within 7 pixels of previous click
>     DEBUG: Not adding click 2 (X=1023, Y=599): within 7 pixels of previous click
>     DEBUG: Not adding click 2 (X=1023, Y=599): within 7 pixels of previous click
>

> Well, it's not within seven pixels is it...  I wonder if there's a bug in the
> logic.  It might be worth bumping the xinput-calibrator revision to the latest
> commit in the upstream git repo in case this has been fixed already there.

Tried, but that did not help, same problem.

> I bought a HDMI display with an integrated touchscreen to test this sort of
> thing, but the device was so dodgy that it often caused the kernel to hang on
> boot...

I have one of those attached to the system as well. Explaining that I have two
touch screens might be a bit of a challenge though, so I started with the
little LVDS screen first.

Met vriendelijke groet / kind regards,

Mike Looijmans
System Expert

TOPIC Embedded Systems
Eindhovenseweg 32-C, NL-5683 KH Best
Postbus 440, NL-5680 AK Best
Telefoon: (+31) (0) 499 33 69 79
Telefax:  (+31) (0) 499 33 69 70
E-mail: mike.looijmans at topic.nl
Website: www.topic.nl

Visit us at Bits & Chips Smart Systems 20th November, 1931 Congrescentum Brabanthallen 's-Hertogenbosch, stand number 34
http://bc-smartsystems.nl