[yocto] Sato image touchscreen calibration is borked

Burton, Ross ross.burton at intel.com
Thu Nov 13 05:28:52 PST 2014

Hi,

On 13 November 2014 13:19, Mike Looijmans <mike.looijmans at topic.nl> wrote:

> I've been using "ts_calibrate" in the past, and that worked just fine on
> this board.

Modern X servers don't use tslib, so this won't work since we stopped using
kdrive about two years ago.

DEBUG: Adding click 0 (X=1023, Y=599)
> DEBUG: Adding click 1 (X=607, Y=599)
> DEBUG: Not adding click 2 (X=1023, Y=599): within 7 pixels of previous
> click
> DEBUG: Not adding click 2 (X=1023, Y=599): within 7 pixels of previous
> click
> DEBUG: Not adding click 2 (X=1023, Y=599): within 7 pixels of previous
> click

Well, it's not within seven pixels is it...  I wonder if there's a bug in
the logic.  It might be worth bumping the xinput-calibrator revision to the
latest commit in the upstream git repo in case this has been fixed already
there.

I bought a HDMI display with an integrated touchscreen to test this sort of
thing, but the device was so dodgy that it often caused the kernel to hang
on boot...

Ross