[yocto] Sato image touchscreen calibration is borked

Mike Looijmans mike.looijmans at topic.nl
Thu Nov 13 06:09:50 PST 2014

On 11/13/2014 02:54 PM, Mike Looijmans wrote:
> On 11/13/2014 02:28 PM, Burton, Ross wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> On 13 November 2014 13:19, Mike Looijmans <mike.looijmans at topic.nl
>> <mailto:mike.looijmans at topic.nl>> wrote:
>>
>>     I've been using "ts_calibrate" in the past, and that worked just fine on
>>     this board.
>>

>> Modern X servers don't use tslib, so this won't work since we stopped using
>> kdrive about two years ago.
>
> Maybe, but it demonstrates that the hardware and drivers are working just fine.
>

>>     DEBUG: Adding click 0 (X=1023, Y=599)
>>     DEBUG: Adding click 1 (X=607, Y=599)
>>     DEBUG: Not adding click 2 (X=1023, Y=599): within 7 pixels of previous
>> click
>>     DEBUG: Not adding click 2 (X=1023, Y=599): within 7 pixels of previous
>> click
>>     DEBUG: Not adding click 2 (X=1023, Y=599): within 7 pixels of previous
>> click
>>

>> Well, it's not within seven pixels is it...  I wonder if there's a bug in the
>> logic.  It might be worth bumping the xinput-calibrator revision to the latest
>> commit in the upstream git repo in case this has been fixed already there.
>
> Tried, but that did not help, same problem.
>
>> I bought a HDMI display with an integrated touchscreen to test this sort of
>> thing, but the device was so dodgy that it often caused the kernel to hang on
>> boot...
>
> I have one of those attached to the system as well. Explaining that I have two
> touch screens might be a bit of a challenge though, so I started with the
> little LVDS screen first.

That one works,

root at topic-miami-florida-med-xc7z015:~# DISPLAY=0:0 xinput_calibrator -v --devic
e event1
DEBUG: XInputExtension version is 2.3
DEBUG: Skipping virtual master devices and devices without axis valuators.
DEBUG: Selected device: PixArtImaging OpticalTouchScreen
DEBUG: Not usbtouchscreen calibrator: Not a usbtouchscreen device
DEBUG: Evdev Axis Calibration not set, setting to axis valuators to be sure.
         Setting calibration data: 0, 32767, 0, 32767
DEBUG: Successfully applied axis calibration.
DEBUG: Read axes swap value of 0.
DEBUG: Read InvertX=0, InvertY=0.
Calibrating EVDEV driver for "PixArtImaging OpticalTouchScreen" id=6
         current calibration values (from XInput): min_x=0, max_x=32767 and
min_y=0, max_y=32767
DEBUG: Found that 'PixArtImaging OpticalTouchScreen' is a sysfs name.
INFO: width=1920, height=1080
DEBUG: Adding click 0 (X=229, Y=147)
DEBUG: Adding click 1 (X=1699, Y=144)
DEBUG: Adding click 2 (X=231, Y=943)
DEBUG: Adding click 3 (X=1685, Y=942)

Doing dynamic recalibration:
         Setting calibration data: -233, 33034, 384, 32625

So it seems related to the little I2C touchscreen controller, or some kind of
rotation. The coordinate system for the small touchscreen looks rotated 180
degrees, looking at the numbers. xinput cannot handle that?

Met vriendelijke groet / kind regards,

Mike Looijmans
System Expert

TOPIC Embedded Systems
Eindhovenseweg 32-C, NL-5683 KH Best
Postbus 440, NL-5680 AK Best
Telefoon: (+31) (0) 499 33 69 79
Telefax:  (+31) (0) 499 33 69 70
E-mail: mike.looijmans at topic.nl
Website: www.topic.nl

Visit us at Bits & Chips Smart Systems 20th November, 1931 Congrescentum Brabanthallen 's-Hertogenbosch, stand number 34
http://bc-smartsystems.nl