[yocto] [meta-raspberrypi] Using the camera

Alex J Lennon ajlennon at dynamicdevices.co.uk
Mon May 26 11:34:02 PDT 2014

On 26/05/2014 19:24, Alexandru Vaduva wrote:
> I do not believe the mmal_component is missing from the rootfs or it
> is not enabled somehow.
> I hate to mention this but it may have something to do with the the
> functionality of the component.
> Try this: https://github.com/raspberrypi/linux/issues/435
> Also something like strace or even |'sudo vcdbg syms | grep -i cam'
> |would be useful if available of
> the rootfs.

That's interesting. I wonder if that is related to the issue I found
with w1-gpio the other day?

w1-gpio is given GPIO0 as a pullup pin by the BSP so it takes control of
it for that purpose, possibly breaking the I2C bus as mentioned in your link

Issue: https://github.com/raspberrypi/linux/issues/601

My fix is here: https://github.com/raspberrypi/linux/pull/602

I'm not loading the w1-gpio at present though so I don't believe it is
causing the problem

(In fact - at any point I can run mjpg-streamer and that will work! So I
know the camera is OK...)

> Sorry for this type of interaction. I am really busy with some other
> project.
> If nothing works we could use OpenMax as you suggested to interact
> with the camera, but I still hope
> this problem can be fixed.

No problem Alex. I appreciate any thoughts at all :)

I think next I'm going to have a look at gstreamer1.0-omx and see where
that gets me...

Cheers,

Alex