[yocto] Make autotools use autogen.sh

Burton, Ross ross.burton at intel.com
Mon Jul 14 07:25:36 PDT 2014

On 14 July 2014 14:32, Patrick Doyle <wpdster at gmail.com> wrote:
> What is the best thing to do here…
> Should I inherit autotools and override do_configure with my own
> version that just runs the (package supplied) autogen.sh?
>
> Is there a way for autotools to run automake --add-missing?

So autotools.bbclass invokes autoreconf --install, which should be
passed down as automake --add-missing.  If that isn't the case then
that's arguably a bug in autoreconf.

In general autogen.sh is dying now that autoconf has autoreconf, as
your typical autogen.sh just runs the autoconf/automake/etc tools in
the right order - and this is what autoreconf does.

> Should I go figure out why the build fails in INSTALL doesn't exist?
> (I'm going to start there, since my first two ideas haven't panned
> out.  (Well, I haven't actually tried the first one yet, it just seems
> silly to me to inherit autotools and then not use them.))

I've no idea why a missing INSTALL file would cause a build error, or
why you don't get it when autoreconf is executed.  Can you share some
logs?

Ross