[yocto] How to get a list of packages (with versions) used to create an image?

Paul Eggleton paul.eggleton at linux.intel.com
Fri Jan 24 05:53:06 PST 2014

On Friday 24 January 2014 08:46:02 Brian Hutchinson wrote:
> That is VERY nice!  I like it.  I'm looking for something a bit simpler
> though ... just want to be able to have a text file with the package names
> and their versions that we can either include as a file or copy paste in
> our release notes since we have to keep up with this (and license info.)
> for every release we do.
>
> How did you generate the html for that?  Looks like buildhistory is what I
> need to be looking into from the responses so far.

If you want license and version information, probably the best place to
get that is the automatically produced license manifest for the image:

http://www.yoctoproject.org/docs/current/dev-manual/dev-manual.html#maintaining-open-source-license-compliance-during-your-products-lifecycle

Cheers,
Paul

--