[yocto] How to get a list of packages (with versions) used to create an image?

Brian Hutchinson b.hutchman at gmail.com
Fri Jan 24 06:07:46 PST 2014

On Fri, Jan 24, 2014 at 8:53 AM, Paul Eggleton <
paul.eggleton at linux.intel.com> wrote:

> If you want license and version information, probably the best place to
> get that is the automatically produced license manifest for the image:
>

> http://www.yoctoproject.org/docs/current/dev-manual/dev-manual.html#maintaining-open-source-license-compliance-during-your-products-lifecycle
>
> Cheers,
> Paul
>
> For license compliance, I've just been taring up the deploy/licenses dir.
I know it includes way more than just the licenses for the packages in the
images but I've not investigated yet if there's a fancy way of managing
those better.

I've seen that section of the document you point out before ... I just need
to spend more time in it.  Our release procedure in this area needs to be
automated/streamlined and improved too!  I'll have to search the archives
and see if I can find prior discussions on that topic.

Regards,

Brian