[yocto] How to get a list of packages (with versions) used to create an image?

Brian Hutchinson b.hutchman at gmail.com
Fri Jan 24 05:46:02 PST 2014

On Fri, Jan 24, 2014 at 6:10 AM, Barros Pena, Belen <
belen.barros.pena at intel.com> wrote:

> On 23/01/2014 21:09, "Nicolas Dechesne" <nicolas.dechesne at linaro.org>
> wrote:
>
> >On Thu, Jan 23, 2014 at 9:42 PM, Brian Hutchinson <b.hutchman at gmail.com>
> >wrote:
> >> Yes, but:
> >>
> >> 1.  I don't think package-index is image specific ... its just a list of
> >> everything that has been bitbaked on the box (which doesn't equate to
> >>one
> >> particular image ... it's the net of all the packages from all the
> >>images
> >> that have been built thus far if I'm not mistaken ... it main use is so
> >>the
> >> feeds work and the the target know what packages are available).
> >> 2.  I felt like this was probably something common and a way already
> >>existed
> >> so I thought I should ask in case I missed something before I wasted
> >>time
> >> re-inventing the wheel.
> >>
> >> Based on the responses so far ... it looks like this might not be as
> >>common
> >> a request as I thought!
> >>

> >no. i think it is very common, and it's the purpose of 'buildhistory',
> >as mentioned already. for each image generated, you will get (among
> >other things)
> >
> >installed-package-names.txt
> >installed-package-sizes.txt
> >installed-packages.txt
> >
> >list of all packages with version, sizes, ..
>
> I know this will not help, since we are still building Toaster. But is it
> something like this
>
> http://www.yoctoproject.org/toaster/image-information-packages.html
>
> you are thinking of? I would be interested in hearing if this would give
> you what you need.

Hi Belén,

That is VERY nice!  I like it.  I'm looking for something a bit simpler
though ... just want to be able to have a text file with the package names
and their versions that we can either include as a file or copy paste in
our release notes since we have to keep up with this (and license info.)
for every release we do.

How did you generate the html for that?  Looks like buildhistory is what I
need to be looking into from the responses so far.

Regards,

Brian