[yocto] SRCREV for BBLAYERS

Christian Ege k4230r6 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 3 07:20:18 PST 2014

Hi,

> Hi Paul,
> thanks for your quick answer!
> I'll work with separate checkouts for now...
>
> But now I've got another question:
> Is there any possibility to submit something like a feature request for this?
> And is there a (realistic) chance that this feature gets implemented?
> If so, where should this request go? To the bitbake-devel list?
I am not sure If I got your point. If you intend to handle different
versions of layers you are using you may can use the setup-scripts
from Angstrom
They do use an "layer manager"
https://github.com/Angstrom-distribution/setup-scripts
https://github.com/Angstrom-distribution/setup-scripts/blob/master/sources/layers.txt

Which fetches the configured layers with the defined branch and commit ID.

regards,
Christian