[yocto] is there a list of yocto-supported dev kits somewhere?

Rudolf Streif rstreif at linuxfoundation.org
Fri Aug 29 08:49:54 PDT 2014

I think this is a great idea and I volunteer to help with the effort.

>   that is kinda what i was after. i realize it's an open-ended
> request, but it would be great if there was a list of "recommended"
> dev kits representing various architectures/processors that people new
> to YP could purchase for experimentation, *knowing* that those dev
> kits had a YP build that would work out of the box. not necessarily
> technically complete, but that it would just boot and let them start
> playing.

The "work out of the box" part is the tricky one. Unfortunately, many YP
BSP layers do not include instructions on what to do after the build has
completed. If you don't know what to do with boot loader and kernel images,
flattened device tree files, root file system archives and images then you
are at a loss. Commonly the boards also require a special boot media
partitioning and the like.

While this type of info should be in the BSP readme files I think it would
be good to have step by step instructions that gets one from setting up the
build environment to building and creating bootable media for each board.

Cheers,
Rudi